Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Sheet Pan Tomato Sauce...yes!


Thanks to my friend gifting me her #csa this week, I needed an easy game plan for an abundance of tomatoes 🍅. 

It might be a bit unorthodox for spaghetti sauce purists, but here’s how I make mine: Roughly quarter tomatoes and scatter them on a baking sheet. Generously drizzle with olive oil and balsamic...then load herbs (dried or fresh) like oregano or basil on top. Sprinkle minced garlic and sea salt to finish. I also had a couple red peppers from the CSA box I diced and added to this sheet pan. Pop into a 350-degree pre-heated oven to roast for about 40 minutes. Toss about halfway through. When they’re soft and bursting with flavor, remove from oven. When cool, spoon into a deep bowl, and use an immersion blender to process until desired consistency. Ta-da!

No comments:

Post a Comment